amylobacter (plural amylobacters)
- (biology) A microorganism (Clostridium butyricum, syn. Bacillus amylobacter) which develops in vegetable tissue during putrefaction.
- Clostridium butyricum on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Clostridium on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Clostridium butyricum on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- Clostridium at List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for amylobacter in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913)
amylobacter m (plural amylobacters)