Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, or relating to antisepsis, or the use of antiseptics.
- (pharmacology) Capable of preventing microbial infection.
- Very clean; aseptic.
- Free of unpleasantness; prim, sanitized or bowdlerized.
- 2001, John Allen, A Touch of Uncertainty:
- Forget all those Christmas cards with their ideal scenarios and antiseptic smiles. Stables are filthy and they stink […]
of or relating to antisepsis
capable of preventing microbial infection
very clean; aseptic
sanitized or bowdlerized
antiseptic (plural antiseptics)
- (pharmacology) Any substance that inhibits the growth and reproduction of microorganisms. Generally includes only those that are used on living objects (as opposed to disinfectants) and aren't transported by the lymphatic system to destroy bacteria in the body (as opposed to antibiotics).
substance that inhibits the growth of microorganisms