Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of reproducing new individuals biologically.
- 2013 May-June, Katrina G. Claw, “Rapid Evolution in Eggs and Sperm”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3:
- Many genes with reproductive roles also have antibacterial and immune functions, which indicate that the threat of microbial attack on the sperm or egg may be a major influence on rapid evolution during reproduction.
- The act of making copies.
- Unauthorized reproduction of this article is prohibited.
- A copy of something, as in a piece of art; a duplicate.
- Jim was proud of the Rembrandt reproduction he owned.
the process by which an organism produces others of its kind — see procreation
the act of reproducing new individuals biologically
act of making copies
reproduction f (plural reproductions)