Jump to navigation Jump to search
biological (not comparable)
- Of or relating to biology.
- 2023 April, Annabelle Dickson, “UK minister mulling law change to define sex as ‘biological’”, in Politico Europe:
- Transgender rights advocates and many experts argue, however, that strict definitions of sex based on anatomy at birth can miss biological nuances.
- 2012 March-April, John T. Jost, “Social Justice: Is It in Our Nature (and Our Future)?”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, archived from the original on 21 June 2017, page 162:
- He draws eclectically on studies of baboons, descriptive anthropological accounts of hunter-gatherer societies and, in a few cases, the fossil record. With this biological framework in place, Corning endeavors to show that the capitalist system as currently practiced in the United States and elsewhere is manifestly unfair.
- Relating to anatomy; anatomic, anatomical.
- 2023 April, Aubrie Spady, “'That is a fraud': Gov. DeSantis calls out Lia Thomas, biological men competing in women's sports”, in Fox News:
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a potential contender in the 2024 presidential race, called out a biological male swimmer who competed in and won the women's NCAA championships against his female competitors in 2022.
- 2020 June, Kim Elsesser, “The Myth Of Biological Sex”, in Forbes:
- Many who oppose transgender rights believe that gender is determined solely by biological sex. But, biological sex isn’t as straightforward as they likely think, and there is no one parameter that makes a person biologically male or female. In fact, many conditions make assigning a biological sex quite difficult.
- Related by consanguinity, especially as to parents and children.
- (nonstandard, proscribed, non-native speakers' English) Organic (grown without agrochemicals).
- 2013, J. Hemmelskamp; K. Rennings; F. Leone, editors, Innovation-Oriented Environmental Regulation: Theoretical Approaches and Empirical Analysis, page 49:
- The market for cosmetics with natural ingredients in which the body shop is so successful is still a small one, as is the market for biological food products (1 per cent in the Netherlands).
- biological anthropology
- biological clock
- biological control
- biological determinism
- biological father
- biological fuel cell
- biological immortality
- biological imperative
- biological mother
- biological oxygen demand
- biological parent
- biological passport
- biological psychologist
- biological psychology
- biological pump
- biological warfare
- biological weapon
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
biological (plural biologicals)
- (rare) A biological product.
- 1917, Lilly, Eli; Company, Indianapolis, A.B.C. Course on Biologicals, page 5:
- This elementary treatise on biologicals was designed primarily for the instruction of Lilly salesmen to enable them to handle the biological line intelligently.
- English terms suffixed with -ical
- English 5-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English uncomparable adjectives
- English terms with quotations
- English nonstandard terms
- English proscribed terms
- Non-native speakers' English
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms with rare senses
- English relational adjectives