Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (fandom slang) Conveyed in a heavy-handed, unsubtle way; preachy.
- 2003 June 24, "Lord Usher", “Re: What would Whedon Make of Season 6/7 disappointment/hostility”, in alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, Usenet:
- When you take something as subtle, ballsy, and downright mythic as Dark Will and turn it into the anvilicious, ambitionless, and dreadfully banal travesty that was the Crack Magick arc, that's not a big hubristic dream that went wrong; that's the utter lack of a dream, the complete failure of imagination.
- 2003 November 21, Jane Davitt, “Re: 5.8: Gunn's toy robots”, in alt.tv.angel, Usenet:
- 'Anvilicious'? […] 'Of, or pertaining to, anvils,' is how I'd describe it. Remember in cartoons, when they get dropped on people from a height? It means when an idea is presented on the show with about that much subtlety […]