Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: appelant
- appellaunt (obsolete)
appellant (not comparable)
of or relating to appeals
appellant (plural appellants)
- (law) a litigant or party that is making an appeal in court
- The appellant made her submissions to the court.
- Synonym: plaintiff in error
- One who makes an earnest entreaty of any kind.
- (obsolete) One who challenges another to single combat.
- (historical) One of the clergy in the Jansenist controversy who rejected the bull Unigenitus issued in 1713, appealing to a pope "better informed", or to a general council.
litigant or party that is making an appeal