Jump to navigation Jump to search
approved (not comparable)
- Having received approval.
- Employees' approved expense claims will be reimbursed by the 4th of the following month.
- (archaic) Proven or demonstrated by experience.
- c. 1587–1588, [Christopher Marlowe], Tamburlaine the Great. […] The First Part […], 2nd edition, part 1, London: […] [R. Robinson for] Richard Iones, […], published 1592, →OCLC; reprinted as Tamburlaine the Great (A Scolar Press Facsimile), Menston, Yorkshire, London: Scolar Press, 1973, →ISBN, Act II, scene iii:
- Now woorthy Tamburlaine, haue I repoſ’d,
In thy approoued Fortunes all my hope,
What thinkſt thou man, ſhal come of our attempts?
- authorized (in some legal contexts, authorization is different from approval)
having received approval