Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
ashram (plural ashrams)
- (Hinduism) A secluded religious hermitage inhabited by gurus, or the population of such a hermitage.
- 1981, William Irwin Thompson, The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Mythology, Sexuality and the Origins of Culture, London: Rider/Hutchinson & Co., page 219:
- In our broken culture those who have experienced the training of the yogic ashram are often woefully ignorant in the ways of the university, and vice versa.
- The entire ashram was excited.
a secluded religious hermitage inhabited by gurus
ashram m (plural ashrams)
- English terms derived from Sanskrit
- English terms derived from the Sanskrit root श्रम्
- English terms borrowed from Sanskrit
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms with quotations
- English terms with usage examples
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French masculine nouns