Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
associationist (plural associationists)
- (philosophy) One who explains the higher functions and relations of the soul by the association of ideas.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of John Stuart Mill to this entry?)
- 1995, Richard Olson, Science Deified & Science Defied
- Only a full-scale analysis of the origin and development of our sensations and ideas can provide this knowledge; so Hartley's associationist psychology becomes the prerequisite for moral knowledge.
- (Islam) a mushrik; one who ascribes partners to Allah (God) or believes in the Trinity.