Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈsɔːt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈsɔɹt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)t
- (transitive) To sort or arrange according to characteristic or class.
- They appear […] no ways assorted to those with whom they must associate.
- (intransitive) To be of a kind with.
- (intransitive) To be associated with; to consort with.
- (transitive) To furnish with, or make up of, various sorts or a variety of goods.
- to assort a cargo
To sort or arrange according to characteristic or class
To be associated with; to consort with