Jump to navigation Jump to search
backlight (plural backlights)
- A spotlight that illuminates a photographic subject from behind.
- A light attached to an LCD display.
- The rear window of a motor car.
spotlight that illuminates a photographic subject from behind
light attached to an LCD display
rear window of a motor car
- To illuminate something from behind.
- 2007 June 2, James R. Oestreich, “Strange, Faraway Fantasies of Hell and Paradise”, in New York Times:
- It offers few subtleties, but those can be effective, as when the chorus is backlighted in the rear of the auditorium to produce an ominous play of shadows onstage.
illuminate something from behind