Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
backlight (plural backlights)
- A spotlight that illuminates a photographic subject from behind.
- A light attached to an LCD display.
- The rear window of a motor car.
A spotlight that illuminates a photographic subject from behind
The rear window of a motor car
- To illuminate something from behind.
2007 June 2, James R. Oestreich, “Strange, Faraway Fantasies of Hell and Paradise”, in New York Times:
- It offers few subtleties, but those can be effective, as when the chorus is backlighted in the rear of the auditorium to produce an ominous play of shadows onstage.