Jump to navigation Jump to search
backlight (plural backlights)
- (countable) A spotlight that illuminates a photographic subject from behind.
- (uncountable) Light that is behind a photographic subject.
- (countable) A light attached to an LCD display.
- (countable) The rear window of a motor car.
spotlight that illuminates a photographic subject from behind
light attached to an LCD display
rear window of a motor car
- (transitive) To illuminate something from behind.
- 2007 June 2, James R. Oestreich, “Strange, Faraway Fantasies of Hell and Paradise”, in New York Times:
- It offers few subtleties, but those can be effective, as when the chorus is backlighted in the rear of the auditorium to produce an ominous play of shadows onstage.