Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hyphenation: spot‧light
- A bright, directional light or lamp, especially one used to illuminate the focus or center of attention on a stage.
- (by extension) The circle of light shed by a spotlight.
- (figuratively, by extension) The center of attention; the highlight or most important part.
- Some people enjoy the spotlight.
a bright lamp, especially one used to illuminate the center of attention on a stage
the circle of light shed by a spotlight
the center of attention; the highlight or most important part
- (transitive) To illuminate with a spotlight.
- We spotlight the star, but the supporting cast has all the great lines in this scene.
- (transitive, figuratively) To draw attention to.
- The news series served to spotlight corruption.
illuminate with a spotlight
draw attention to