Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Hindi बिल्व (bilv) or Marathi बेल (bel), from Sanskrit बिल्व (bilva), विल्व (vilva), or बैल्व (bailva).
bael (plural baels)
- A tropical fruit tree from India, Aegle marmelos.
- 2015, Govardhanram Tripathi, Tridip Suhrud, transl., Sarasvatichandra, Orient Black Swan, page 2:
- In the courtyard there were fruit and flowering trees appropriate for the worship of Mahadev, as also a bel tree.
- The fruit of the tree, also called the wood apple.
tropical fruit tree from India, Aegle marmelos
fruit of the tree
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Hyphenation: ba‧el
- the bael tree (Aegle marmelos)
- the fruit of this tree; the wood apple