Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- simple past tense and past participle of
- (Britain and Ireland, slang) Broken, ruined, shattered; confounded.
1939, Flann O'Brien, At Swim-Two-Birds:
- Here is his black heart sitting there as large as life in the middle of the pulp of his banjaxed corpse.
2001, Edna O'Brien, Night:
- Then it got banjaxed, at a supper party to which he brought me.
- 2011, Will Self, "The frowniest spot on Earth", London Review of Books, XXXIII.9:
- Lindsay again waxes approving over Ballard’s hymn to the banjaxed landscape of the Heathrow environs, with its choked arterial roads, light industrial units and warehousing entrepots.
- (Britain and Ireland, slang) Tired, sleepy, cream crackered.
- I'm completely banjaxed!