Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The trade of and practice of shaving and cutting hair.
- The trades of barbering and surgery have long been linked, as evidenced by the barber's red and white striped pole.
- After several days in the bush, he had grown lax with his barbering and needed a good shave before he was presentable again.
- (informal) The practice among pets of overgrooming each other, leaving bald patches.
- Group-housed B6 mice display barbering behavior, in which the dominant mouse in a cage selectively removes hair from its subordinate cage mates. Mice that have been barbered have large bald patches on their bodies, commonly around the head, snout, and shoulders
- barber c
Inflection of barbering