Jump to navigation Jump to search
basketballer (plural basketballers)
- (informal) A basketball player; a person who plays basketball.
- 1967, Greyson Daughtrey, Methods in Physical Education and Health for Secondary Schools, page 73:
- In fact the latter are likely to develop muscles of the kind and strength that may even be a handicap to the Nth degree basketballer.
- 2000, Bob Mierisch, On the Level: Striving for Openness to Build Corporate Strength, page 72:
- For the basketballer on the court, it expresses itself in individual play: running, passing, defending, shooting for goal.
- 2004, Paul Harding, Iceland, page 190:
- The most famous sportsman rumoured to come for a round here was basketballer Michael Jordan, who flew in just for the midnight golf experience.