Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Helpful or good to something or someone.
2013 June 29, “A punch in the gut”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 72-3:
- Mostly, the microbiome is beneficial. It helps with digestion and enables people to extract a lot more calories from their food than would otherwise be possible. Research over the past few years, however, has implicated it in diseases from atherosclerosis to asthma to autism.
- Recycling and reusing garbage can be beneficial to the environment.
- maleficial, nocuous, damaging, harmful (doing harm to someone)
- innocuous, undamaging, harmless (doing no harm; doing neither harm nor good)
helpful or good to something or someone