Jump to navigation Jump to search
bigwig (plural bigwigs)
- (humorous) A person of importance to a group or organization.
- Synonyms: big cheese, VIP; see also Thesaurus:important person
- The company bigwig is gathering his staff together for a meeting today.
- 1891, Grace L. Keith Johnston, The Halletts: A Country Town Chronicle (volume 3, page 34)
- […] more innocently, and no doubt profitably, than if he had dined at a big-wig's board or bemused himself with smoke and beer among his brethren of the pen.
A person of importance