Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) A very important figure, especially a high-ranking person in an organization.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:important person
- He’ll be meeting with the big cheese first thing tomorrow, to present his proposal.
- 1995, Rich Mendoza (music), “Where The Money Goes”, in Money Rock, performed by Schoolhouse Rock!/Jack Sheldon:
- If not for all these bills and taxes, our income would more than suffice. I feel like a real big cheese, until everybody takes a slice!
very important figure