Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Middle English blabben (“to talk foolishly”), perhaps from Middle English blabbe (“idle talk; talebearer”). Compare Middle English blaberen (“to blabber, babble”), Middle High German blabezen (“to stammer, babble”).
- (transitive, intransitive) To tell tales; to gossip without reserve or discretion.
- And yonder a vile physician blabbing / The case of his patient.
- See also Thesaurus:prattle
- (countable) One who blabs; a babbler; a telltale; a gossip or gossiper.
- (uncountable) Gossip; prattle.
- (one who blabs): See also Thesaurus:chatterbox or Thesaurus:gossiper
- (gossip, prattle): See also Thesaurus:chatter or Thesaurus:gossip
gossip — see gossip