black and white
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: black-and-white
Audio (AU) (file)
- (US, slang, law enforcement) A police patrol car.
- (US, slang, by extension) The police, a police officer or the clothing they wear.
- 1992, “A Nigga Witta Gun”, in The Chronic, Death Row Records, performed by Dr. Dre:
- Them punk motherfuckers in black and white ain't the only motherfuckers I gots to fight.
- A type of giant cookie (about 8 inches diameter) with icing on the top side: half white, half dark chocolate.
- (police car): panda (British slang)
- Alternative form of (of an image, a video, etc: in black, white, and perhaps shades of grey, rather than in colour)
- 2012 April 29, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Treehouse of Horror III” (season 4, episode 5; originally aired 10/29/1992)”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- The second segment is one of the most audacious and ambitious in “Treehouse Of Horror” history, and not just because it’s in black and white. It’s a parody of King Kong that works spectacularly well because Homer isn’t just ape-like and simian on the inside: he’s ape-like and simian on the outside as well, so it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine the rage-filled man-child as a giant ape with serious anger-control issues.
- (figuratively, idiomatic) Easily divided into diametrically opposing camps or schools of thought.
black-and-white — see black-and-white