See also: bleeding-edge
- (idiomatic, technology, uncountable) Something too new and untested to be reliable or to have any assurance of safety; the figurative place where such things exist.
- on the bleeding edge of drone technology
2017 July 7, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, “The ambitious War For The Planet Of The Apes ends up surrendering to formula”, in The Onion AV Club:
- The motion-captured ape characters are the bleeding edge of digital effects, rarely short of impressive.
too new and untested
- (idiomatic, technology) that represents the latest developments in technology
- As you'd expect from a bleeding-edge tablet, it has plenty of other high-end features as well.
that represents the latest developments in technology
Alternative form is valid only for the idiomatic meanings.