Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic, technology, uncountable) Something too new and untested to be reliable or to have any assurance of safety; the figurative place where such things exist.
- on the bleeding edge of drone technology
- (countable) Used other than as an idiom: see bleeding, edge.
too new and untested
- (idiomatic, technology) that represents the latest developments in technology
- As you'd expect from a bleeding-edge tablet, it has plenty of other high-end features as well.
that represents the latest developments in technology
Alternative form is valid only for the idiomatic meanings.