Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: cutting-edge
- the sharp edge of the blade of a knife or other cutting tool
- (idiomatic) (by extension) the forefront, or position of greatest advancement in some field
- The company prides itself for staying at the cutting edge of technology.
- 2011 January 29, Ian Hughes, “Southampton 1 - 2 Man Utd”, BBC:
- Looking far from overawed throughout, they frequently took the game to the visitors, but it was Saints' lack of a cutting edge and United's superior finishing that proved the difference in the end.
sharp edge of the blade
- Alternative form of cutting-edge.