Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: cutting-edge
- The sharp edge of the blade of a knife or other cutting tool.
- (idiomatic, by extension, often with "on the") The forefront, or position of greatest advancement in some field.
- The company prides itself for staying at the cutting edge of technology.
- 2011 January 29, Ian Hughes, “Southampton 1 - 2 Man Utd”, in BBC:
- Looking far from overawed throughout, they frequently took the game to the visitors, but it was Saints' lack of a cutting edge and United's superior finishing that proved the difference in the end.
sharp edge of the blade
forefront, or position of greatest advancement in some field
- Alternative form of