Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
blooded (not comparable)
- I'll let a rookie march behind me with a loaded weapon once he's been blooded in combat, until then he stays in front where I can see which way he's pointing.
- Descended from.
- He's a full-blooded Apache.
- bloody, bleeding.
2011 October 29, Neil Johnston, “Norwich 3 - 3 Blackburn”, in BBC Sport:
- Blackburn's cause was not helped when Morten Gamst Pedersen and Gael Givet collided going for the same ball, both players emerging blooded and dazed but otherwise unharmed.
- (zoology, of horses, cattle, etc.) derived from ancestors of good blood; having a good pedigree.
- simple past tense and past participle of