Jump to navigation Jump to search
experience + -ed.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪkˈspɪɹ.i.ənst/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪkˈspɪə.ɹɪənst/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ex‧pe‧ri‧enced
experienced (comparative more experienced, superlative most experienced)
- Having experience and skill in a subject.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, “Eye Witness”, in The China Governess: A Mystery, London: Chatto & Windus, →OCLC, page 249:
- The story struck the depressingly familiar note with which true stories ring in the tried ears of experienced policemen. No one queried it. It was in the classic pattern of human weakness, mean and embarrassing and sad.
- See also Thesaurus:experienced