Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (sports, uncountable) A game, similar to bowls or pétanque, played on a long, narrow, dirt-covered court
- (sports, countable) One of the eight balls that the player throws in a game of bocce.
- 2012, Victoria Rowell, Paul Tukey, Tag, Toss & Run: 40 Classic Lawn Games, →ISBN:
- The object is throw or roll the bocces as close as possible to the pallino.
- 2013 February 6, Brian Messenger, “Bocce balls are rolling”, in Eagle-Tribune:
- The side with their bocces closest to the pallino earns points.
- 2013 April 30, Paul Haigh, “Bocce star to represent Australia”, in Liverpool City Champion:
- When he first started we had to buy a smaller set of bocces because his hands were small.
A game similar to bowls or pétanque
- boccie (misspelling)
bocce f pl