Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having the qualities of a bog; i.e. dank, squishy, muddy, and full of water and rotting vegetation.
- Synonyms: marshy, swampy
- The edge of the woods led out onto a noisome, boggy fen, a paradise for mosquitos and small frogs.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, The professor at the breakfast-table: with the story of Iris
- Offer a bulky and boggy bun to the suspected individual just ten minutes before dinner. If this is eagerly accepted and devoured, the fact of youth is established.
- 1924, Herman Melville, Billy Budd, London: Constable & Co., Chapter 4, 
- But the might-have-been is but boggy ground to build on.