Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A swaggering show of defiance or courage.
- 2019 May 12, Alex McLevy, “Westeros faces a disastrous final battle on the penultimate Game of Thrones (newbies)”, in The A.V. Club:
- Stripped of all bravado, Cersei breaks, and shows the very scared, vulnerable woman who has kept her emotions at bay. “I don’t want to die,” she whimpers, “Not like this.” It’s all the more moving for coming from a character who built her identity on steely resolve and contempt for such hoary conceits as fear.
- The angry customer stood in the middle of the showroom and voiced his complaints with loud bravado.
- 1990 Amy Longsdorf, K.T. Oslin: Personality, Wit and Style To Spare", The Morning Call
- Songs like "Hey Bobby", and "Do Ya" drip with innuendo and sexual bravado.
- A false show of courage.
- (obsolete) A swaggerer; a braggart.
a show of defiance or courage
a false show of courage