Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- The quality of being bright.
1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 5, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- Here, in the transept and choir, where the service was being held, one was conscious every moment of an increasing brightness; colours glowing vividly beneath the circular chandeliers, and the rows of small lights on the choristers' desks flashed and sparkled in front of the boys' faces, deep linen collars, and red neckbands.
- The perceived luminance of an object.
- Intelligence, cleverness.
- See also Wikisaurus:intelligence
the quality of being bright
the perception elicited by the luminance of an object
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.