Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- plural form of
- (US, plural only) The high-beam intensity of motor vehicle headlamps.
- Your brights are on.
- 1963 July, Morton J. Schultz, “Keeping Your Headlights on the Beam”, Popular Mechanics, ISSN 0032-4558, page 161:
- Drop your brights as soon as approaching lights appear.
- 2004 July 18, Rocky Roads, “Re: big rig out of control (Photo)”, misc.transport.trucking, Usenet:
- You can turn your brights on and that helps quite a bit, but you can not leave them on. So you end up driving beyond your headlights more than half the time.
- 2006 March 31, Linda S. Godfrey, Hunting the American Werewolf: Beast Men in Wisconsin and Beyond, Madison: Trails Books, ISBN 9781931599665, OL 8804200M, page 139:
- The moment I flashed my brights this animal started to run across the road.