Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Broaden
- Rhymes: -ɔːdən
- (transitive) To make broad or broader.
- Travel broadens the mind.
- (intransitive) To become broad or broader.
- The roads gradually broadened as we drove into the countryside.
to make broad
to become broad
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.