broken record (plural broken records)
- (idiomatic) Someone or something that constantly repeats itself, causing annoyance.
- 1994, Deb M., Stepping Stones to Recovery from Codependency, Aaron Anderson quoting Ken Fisher, The Making of a Market Guru: Forbes Presents 25 Years of Ken Fisher
- In spite of reading all the materials on the Steps, talking to my sponsor, sharing at meetings, I felt like a broken record.
- 2005, Mike Philbin, The Best of Him+chim+her
- She was a broken record forever singing the same song, a lame, blind in one eye, fucked too often by life's injustice sufferer of the flesh.
- Synonyms: stuck record
to sound like a broken record
- Used other than as an idiom: see broken, record.
Someone or something that constantly repeats itself, causing annoyance