Jump to navigation Jump to search
brouhaha (plural brouhahas)
- A stir; a fuss or uproar.
- Synonyms: commotion, hubbub, kerfuffle; see also Thesaurus:commotion
- It caused quite a brouhaha when the school suspended one of its top students for refusing to adhere to the dress code.
- 1981, “Elephant Talk”, in Discipline, performed by King Crinsom:
- Talk, it's only talk / Babble, burble, banter / Bicker, bicker, bicker / Brouhaha, balderdash, ballyhoo / It's only talk / Back talk
- 1999, “The Brouhaha”, in Hello Nasty, performed by Beastie Boys:
- What's all the fanfare, what's the to do / We're known to bring the hullabaloo / On stage or at the spa / Guaranteed we bring the brouhaha / ‘Cause it's a brouhaha
brouhaha m (plural brouhahas)
- “brouhaha” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- Michael Quinion (2004), “Brouhaha”, in Ballyhoo, Buckaroo, and Spuds: Ingenious Tales of Words and Their Origins, Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Books in association with Penguin Books, →ISBN.