café con leche
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Synonym of
- 2000, Ivonne Lamazares, The Sugar Island, Boston, Mass., New York, N.Y.: Houghton Mifflin Company, →ISBN, pages 88 and 109:
- She made thick stews from leftovers and the smells drowned out the aroma of Melena’s café con leches. […] She was expensive, but Melena lived on café con leches and we paid her price.
- 2004, Anita González, Jarocho’s Soul: Cultural Identity and Afro-Mexican Dance, University Press of America, →ISBN, page 106:
- One of the later scenes of the play has performers sitting in nine oversized rocking chairs, all facing the audience, while they wait for waiters to serve them cafe con leche. […] When drinking cafe con leche, it is customary to clink your glass with a spoon to call for a waiter, who arrives with the coffee and milk in two giant teakettles.
- 2021, Azareen Van der Vliet Oloomi, Savage Tongues, Boston, Mass., New York, N.Y.: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, →ISBN, page 131:
- I was one of the only customers at that hour except for a few elderly men sitting morosely at the bar inside, busily reading their newspapers and dunking their croissants into their café con leches in semiautomatic movements.