Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
caid (plural caids)
Originally referred to the animal-skin ball used in these games.
- football, soccer ball
- rugby ball
- (uncountable) football, soccer (game)
- (uncountable) Gaelic football (game)
Declension of caid
Forms with the definite article
- (football (ball)): liathróid
- (football, soccer (ball or game)): peil
- (rugby ball): liathróid rugbaí
- (Gaelic football): peil Ghaelach
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.