Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (euphemistic, humorous) An act that is likely to result in the actor's demotion or loss of employment.
- 1991 Oct 08: dan herrick, Re: IV&V as a tool for dealing with "mistakes" and uncertainty, sci.space, 
- However, such a career limiting move is only worth while if it can be reasonably expected to succeed in changing the wrong-headed policy.
- 1995 Jan 11: Kay Hammer as cited in Neil Raden, Re: Data Warehousing, comp.databases, 
- Consequently, it can be a career-limiting move not to consider carefully all these issues during the design phase.
- 1999 Aug 02: Obnoxio The Clown, Re: "Create Database" Security Hole?, comp.databases.informix, 
- ... you would make it clear to any luser that did have access that filling up your root dbspace is a career limiting move? :-)
- 2006 Feb 28: Xocyll, Re: WoW teaches the wrong things, comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, 
- Kind of a career limiting move to leave the game running where management might find it.
- 1991 Oct 08: dan herrick, Re: IV&V as a tool for dealing with "mistakes" and uncertainty, sci.space,