- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɛə.ɹɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɛɹ.ɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛərɪŋ
- (of a person) Kind, sensitive, empathetic.
- She's a very caring person; she always has a kind word for everyone.
kind, sensitive, empathetic
caring (plural carings)
- The act of one who cares.
- 1988, Thomas Stephen Szasz, The Myth of Psychotherapy, page 183:
- As I showed, although some rhetoricians, such as Mesmer and Erb, claimed that their interventions were medical treatments, others, such as Freud and Jung, claimed that their interventions were both medical curings and spiritual carings.