Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (slang) A girlfriend considered by her boyfriend to be self-sufficient, "low-maintenance" and "chilled out".
- 2014 October 19, Anna Breslaw, “What Happens When the Chill Girl Falls in Love”, in Cosmopolitan:
- [Chill girls naturally] have tons of dude friends, they're not invested in the person they're casually sleeping with, and they like sports and beer.
- (Internet slang, usually derogatory) A woman who thinks feminist identity politics are unimportant or unnecessary.
- 2012 March 7, Katie Rogers, “On Stealth Feminism”, in The Cipher:
- We can talk about sex in front of her, don’t have to get the door for her. You know, she’s a chill girl. She’s a bro.
- 2013 April 2, “Feminism and the Chill Girl”, in Sidkettle's Blog, retrieved 2013-10-22:
- Since Chill Girl is not actually an avatar of Women, she does not have the power to hand out get out of saying-crap-about-women-jail-free cards. It’s not secret!not-sexist because your girlfriend laughed.
- 2013 October 15, Eseld Bosustow, “Lady MRAs: What's going on with THAT?”, in Coquettish Colloquies, retrieved 2013-10-22:
- But lady MRAs take being a chill girl to a whole new level.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:chill girl.
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see chill, girl.