Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (slang) A girlfriend considered by her boyfriend to be self-sufficient, "low-maintenance" and "chilled out".
2014 October 19, Anna Breslaw, “What Happens When the Chill Girl Falls in Love”, in Cosmopolitan:
- [Chill girls naturally] have tons of dude friends, they're not invested in the person they're casually sleeping with, and they like sports and beer.
- (slang, Internet, usually pejorative) In relation to feminism, a woman who argues against feminist identity politics arguments on the internet.
2012 March 7, Katie Rogers, “On Stealth Feminism”, in The Cipher:
- We can talk about sex in front of her, don’t have to get the door for her. You know, she’s a chill girl. She’s a bro.
2013 April 2, “Feminism and the Chill Girl”, in Sidkettle's Blog, retrieved 2013-10-22:
- Since Chill Girl is not actually an avatar of Women, she does not have the power to hand out get out of saying-crap-about-women-jail-free cards. It’s not secret!not-sexist because your girlfriend laughed.
2013 October 15, Eseld Bosustow, “Lady MRAs: What's going on with THAT?”, in Coquettish Colloquies, retrieved 2013-10-22:
- But lady MRAs take being a chill girl to a whole new level.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:chill girl.
- Used other than as an idiom: see chill, girl.