Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑ.dɨˌfaɪ/, /ˈkoʊ.dɨˌfaɪ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkəʊ.dɨˌfaɪ/
- To reduce to a code, to arrange into a code.
- The company president codified the goal as a one-line mission statement.
- To collect and arrange in a systematic form.
- 1907, Robert W[illiam] Chambers, chapter V, in The Younger Set, New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, OCLC 24962326:
- The house of Ruthven was a small but ultra-modern limestone affair, between Madison and Fifth ; […]. As a matter of fact its narrow ornate façade presented not a single quiet space that the eyes might rest on after a tiring attempt to follow and codify the arabesques, foliations, and intricate vermiculations of what some disrespectfully dubbed as “ near-aissance.”
to reduce to a code