Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (obsolete, chemistry) That produces coloured precipitates
- 2015 December 23, Zhou, Debra, “Enchanted Nights at Bloedel Conservatory”, in Georgia Straight:
- It's a magical place filled with luscious tropical greens, colorific rare flowers, and talkative birds with personalities—all underneath a futuristic dome sky.
- 2018 October 6, Januszczak, Waldemar, “Art review: Kerry James Marshall, David Zwirner; Mantegna and Bellini, National Gallery”, in The Times:
- The man, meanwhile, measures his full blackness against the night sky in a colorific conundrum that involves the painterly exploration of the darkest shades of the spectrum.
- (figuratively) flowery; ornate (Can we add an example for this sense?)