See also: come to Jesus
- (idiomatic, Christianity) Relating to a Christian conversion, recommitment, or associated ritual, especially public confession.
- (idiomatic, US) Relating to a similar secular ritual.
2009 November 12, Greg A. Bedard, “Offense clears the air”, in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
- With the coaches still in the room, the veteran leaders on offense, one by one, took turns addressing the rest of the unit. / "It was a come-to-Jesus meeting," guard Daryn Colledge said Wednesday.
- (idiomatic, US) Conveying a scolding or a blunt discussion of a disagreeable fact regarding the addressee.
- To bring someone in for a come-to-Jesus talk.