Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) To come to pass; to develop; to occur; to take place; to happen.
- We have to ask, how did this come about?
- (intransitive, nautical) To tack; to change tack; to maneuver the bow of a sailing vessel across the wind so that the wind changes from one side of the vessel to the other; to position a boat with respect to the wind after tacking. See also come to.
- (intransitive) To change; to come round.
- The wind is come about.
- Ben Jonson
- On better thoughts, and my urged reasons, / They are come about, and won to the true side.
to come about