Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A shell, a command line interface; usually used with the definite article.
- I'm so used to the command line that I don't even know how to find things in the GUI.
- The command line offers a lot of helpful features, such as tab completion and wildcard expansion.
- (computing) The text prompt presented to the user in a command line interface.
- Type the following at the command line: du -s -h.
- A line of text that is entered at such a prompt.
- Use the following command line to compile a file without linking: gcc -c main.c -o main.o