Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: commonplace-book
- A personal notebook or journal in which memorabilia, quotations etc were written.
- 1910, Samuel Butler, chapter 2, in Unconscious Memory:
- I did this in thirty pages of closely written matter, of which a pressed copy remains in my commonplace-book.
- 2012 January 23, Alan Jacobs, “'Commonplace Books': The Tumblrs of an Earlier Era”, in The Atlantic:
- But the other kind of commonplace book was different. Its goal was to gather a collection of the wisest statements, usually of the ancients, for future meditation.