Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) An urban or other populated area containing a high density of buildings constructed of concrete or similar materials, especially one which lacks greenery and which seems unattractive, harsh, or unsafe.
- 1948 April 9, Richard Coe, “Hellinger Mixed Real Manhattan”, in Washington Post, page 24:
- There is nothing quite like the affection of a transplanted New Yorker for his native concrete jungle.
- 2007 October 29, “Spain aims to restore overdeveloped coastlines to a more natural look”, in International Herald Tribune:
- Spain plans to restore a fifth of its coastline from overdeveloped concrete jungle to a more natural state.