Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
confectionary (not comparable)
- Relating to, or of the nature of confections or their production.
- confectionary wares
- Prepared as a confection.
relating to, or of the nature of confections or their production
confectionary (plural confectionaries)
- A candy, sweetmeat; a confection.
1787, Miss Tully, “February 10, 1787”, in Letters Written During a Ten Years' Residence at the Court of Tripoli, published 1819, page 285:
- After the dishes of meat were removed, a dessert of Arabian fruits, confectionaries and sweetmeats was served: among the latter was the date bread.
- (obsolete) A place where confections are manufactured, stored; a confectory.
- (dated) A confectioner's shop; a confectionery.
- (obsolete) One who makes confections; a confectioner.
- He will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks. -- 1 Samuel viii. 13.
- (uncountable, rare) Candy, sweets, taken collectively; confectionery.