Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To make up, prepare, compound, construct, assemble, form, mix, mingle or put together by combining ingredients or materials; to concoct.
- The woman confected a home-remedy for the traveler's illness.
- The young bride's friends confected a dress from odds and ends of fabric.
- [My joys] are still confected with some fears. -- Stirling
- 1629, Sir Thomas Herbert, Travels in Persia
- Of this were confected the famous everlasting lamps and tapers.
- (obsolete) To make into a confection; to prepare as a candy, sweetmeat, preserve, or the like.
confect (plural confects)
- (obsolete) A rich, sweet, food item made of flavored sugar and often combined with fruit or nuts; a confection, comfit.
- At supper eat a pippin roasted and sweetened with sugar of roses and caraway confects.
- 1889, Arthur Conan Doyle, Micah Clarke, Chapter 1
- She made salves and eyewaters, powders and confects, cordials and persico, orangeflower water and cherry brandy, each in its due season, and all of the best.