Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make something dangerous or toxic by introducing impurities or foreign matter.
- Do not contaminate the peanut butter with the jelly.
- This water is contaminated. It isn't safe to drink.
- (transitive) To soil, stain, corrupt, or infect by contact or association.
- Shall we now / Contaminate our figures with base bribes?
- I would neither have simplicity imposed upon, nor virtue contaminated.
- (transitive) To make unfit for use by the introduction of unwholesome or undesirable elements.
- To infect, often with bad objects
To introduce impurities or foreign matter
- contaminate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- contaminate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- contaminate at OneLook Dictionary Search
- second-person plural present of
- second-person plural imperative of
- feminine plural past participle of contaminare