Jump to navigation Jump to search
contamination (countable and uncountable, plural contaminations)
- The act or process of contaminating
- Synonyms: pollution, defilement, taint
- Something which contaminates.
- (linguistics) A process whereby words with related meanings come to have similar sounds.
- (linguistics, etymology) The influence of one form (often from a foreign language) on the historical development of another form to which it may be related in meaning.
- The process of making a material or surface unclean or unsuited for its intended purpose, usually by the addition or attachment of undesirable foreign substances.
The act or process of contaminating
A grammatical blend
The influence of a term (often foreign) on the development of another term
From Latin contāminātiōnem.
contamination f (plural contaminations)
- contamination (act or process of contaminating)
- “contamination”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- English 5-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/eɪʃən/5 syllables
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- French terms derived from Latin
- French 5-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French feminine nouns