Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
contamination (plural contaminations)
- The act or process of contaminating; pollution; defilement; taint; also, that which contaminates.
- (linguistics) A process whereby words with related meanings come to have similar sounds.
- (linguistics, etymology) The influence of one form (often from a foreign language) on the historical development of another form to which it may be related in meaning.
- The process of making a material or surface unclean or unsuited for its intended purpose, usually by the addition or attachment of undesirable foreign substances.
The act or process of contaminating
A grammatical blend
The influence of a term (often foreign) on the development of another term
contamination f (plural contaminations)
- contamination (act or process of contaminating)