Jump to navigation Jump to search
cooling (plural coolings)
decrease in temperature
- That cools.
- (Asian English). Of food or medicine, according to traditional Chinese medicine: serving to cool or calm the body.
- 1956, Anthony Burgess, Time for a Tiger (The Malayan Trilogy), published 1972, page 187:
- "Steamed fish and chicken and vegetable soup and even mushrooms are considered cooling foods, edible materializations of the yang, the pure primal air. The yin, or earth element, inheres in fried dishes and especially in shark's fin soup. Am I right, Mr Lee?"
- (that cools): frigorific
- (serving to cool or calm the body):
- (serving to cool or calm the body): heaty